Event booking terms and conditions and cancellation policy
Effective from 21st July 2016. Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without notice.
- For current event costs and dates, please refer to our website, www.khptp.org.uk.
- Before booking onto the event, please ensure you have read the event programme and content, to ensure the event will meet your needs.
- The customer shall be the individual who signs the booking form or, where the individual signs on behalf of a company or other organisation, the company or other organisation on whose behalf the booking form is signed.
- Where a booking form is completed on behalf of a company or other organisation, it is the responsibility of the company or other organisation to ensure that the named delegate is authorised and able to attend the event on the company or other organisation’s behalf.
- Event fees (including any card processing and/or booking fees applicable) are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorised purchase order is provided and accepted.
- Upon receipt of a completed registration/booking form and acceptance of subsequent payment or purchase order, the booking will be confirmed.
- Important note: KHPTP confirmation of the booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between KHPTP and the customer based entirely on these terms and conditions.
Invoicing and payment
- For online bookings paid at the time of booking, invoices/receipts will be issued electronically from the booking website on completion of the booking.
- For bookings accepted with purchase orders, invoices will be sent via email to the name and address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date or not later than 1 working day prior to the start of the event, whichever date occurs soonest.
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque, credit/debit card or BACS.
- Customers will receive joining instructions via post to the address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure joining instructions are received by the named delegate. If the joining instructions are not received for any reason, it is the responsibility of the customer to contact KHPTP to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to send pre-course entry documents (requested as part of the joining instructions) before attending a course will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be given.
- Failure to attend the event will result in the full cost being incurred. No refund shall be given.
- KHPTP will send all correspondence primarily via post to the address provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of KHPTP, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue or the speaker(s).
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers contact details can be found on the home page.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking (excluding any card processing fees and/or booking fees previously applied), as shown below.
|Calendar days’ notice before the start date of the event||Refund applicable|
|30 calendar days or more||70% refund of basic attendance fee|
|Between 29 and 8 calendar days (inclusive)||50% refund of basic attendance fee|
|Between 7 and 1 calendar days (inclusive)||No refund will be given|
|Failure to attend||No refund will be given|
- In the event of a delegate named on the booking form being unable to attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the event date.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto an event KHPTP reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event.
- In the event of cancellation of an event by KHPTP, we will endeavour to inform all delegates a week before the event is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All event fees paid will be reimbursed less the booking fee of 1.4% of the fee or the payment will be transferred in full to another KHPTP event, at the option of the delegate. KHPTP shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Organising and financing accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the delegate.
- Where food and refreshments are to be provided, this will be stated on the event details and the cost included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to KHPTP in advance of the event, as specified in the event details.
- KHPTP shall not be liable to make a refund of fees or for any other compensation should an event be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
- These terms and conditions, together with the current KHPTP website prices, event details and KHPTP contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the event. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by the KHPTP board. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of KHPTP should be understood as a variation, amendment or waiver of these terms and conditions.