Date(s) - 25/04/2018
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Camberwell Sexual Health Centre
Family planning and reproductive health is an important component of the care provided in general practice.
A Workshop Series is planned which will focus on relevant topics, update knowledge, explore current attitudes, and build on skills and experience.
Learning methods will include short presentations, discussion, role-play, demonstrations, handouts, and video films and individual practice with models (not live!).
By the end of this workshop you should be able to:
- Understand the insertion / removal procedure and be able to demonstrate
- Show competence of the techniques
- Explain the issues associated with IUD/IUS e.g missing strings, pelvic pain
- Describe the different types available; advantages, disadvantages and contraindications
- Know how to assess patients and provide advice
Each workshop will be limited to 10 applicants in order to allow for active participation.