Date(s) - 12/06/2019
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sexual & Reproductive Health is an important component of the care provided in general practice.
A Workshop Series is planned which will focus on relevant topics, update knowledge, explore current attitudes, and build on skills and experience.
Learning methods will include short presentations, discussion, role-play, demonstrations, handouts, video films and individual practice with models.
By the end of this workshop you should be able to:
- Understand the insertion and removal procedure
- Confidently demonstrate an insertion & removal on model arms
- Be competent at counselling patients e.g side effects, advantages, effectiveness
- Be able to show knowledge of the implants placement and effects of deep/ superficial insertion
- Know when & where to refer patients in the case of complicated removal
The workshop will be limited to 6 applicants in order to allow for active participation.