Date(s) - 21/05/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weston Education Centre
Who is SRH Essentials for?
SRH Essentials for Practice Nurses is a one-day, interactive course for nurses working in primary care and other community settings. If you would like to build your knowledge and skills in sexual and reproductive healthcare, this course is for you.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Perform a pregnancy risk assessment
- Discuss methods of Emergency Contraception and can offer/refer for the appropriate method
- Introduce contraception and sexual health into consultations
- Appraise risks, side effects and benefits of contraceptive methods
- Demonstrate how to reissue the COC, POP, injection
- Perform a sexual health risk assessment and decide which STI tests to offer your patients
Following completion of the SRH Essentials course, you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Attending an SRH Essentials course will give you 6 hours of recognised FSRH CPD training.
This course is not suitable for GPs.